Thursday, December 10, 2009

My skin easily dries out and i'm running out of makeup brands to try. Any suggestions?

I have eczema so I can assure you that I have very dry AND sensitive skin. My skin gets dry and irritated from hot weather, cold weather, chlorine, anything you can think of. =( Anyways, I always start of with Evian ';Water Mineral Spray.'; (You can buy this at Sephora or drugstore.com) Then, I use Cerave Moisturizing Lotion for my face. This used to be prescribed to me by my dermatologist but it has recently changed to be an over the counter product -which is great. It's the best lotion out there for dry and sensitive skin. This can be found in drugstores. I use Too Faced ';Shadow Insurance'; instead of Urban Decay ';Primer Potion'; because UD Primer Potion tends to dry lids out (it's good for people with more oily skin.) For my face, the only thing that has not completely dried me out is Tarte ';Smooth Operator'; tinted moisturizer. This provides great, sheer coverage while locking in moisture. Stila ';Hydrating Finishing Powder'; is also great for setting your make-up at the end. No dryness. For my eyes, I usually use Lorac shadows because they don't make my eye lids all dry. With other shadows, sometimes the skin on my lids will start ';peeling'; because the shadows dried them out so badly. For cheeks, I use Nars blush with no problems. Most lip products dry me out so that's the most difficult for me. I have chapped, dry lips and I use Jack Black ';Intense Therapy Balm.'; Too Faced ';Mirror Mirror Gloss'; Also does a great job of moisturizing and perfectly ';glossing'; my lips. If you have more questions, just ask. Hope this helps.My skin easily dries out and i'm running out of makeup brands to try. Any suggestions?
you'll probably need an oil or wax based one. foundations for older skin mostly aim for a nice glowing, fresh moisturised look so opt for them, even if you're skin is very young!


i've tried Clinique Dewy Smooth which i noticed took very well to my forehead inparticular as that's a very dry area. also, it's SO important to cleanse with a moisturizing wash and moisturize with an intensive moisturizer afterwards. The Body Shop Aloe Vera moisture lotion for your face is the ONLY one that works for my dry areas of skin. gently cleansing and moisturizing gives a great canvas for your make up which will make the make up take to your skin better and appear smoother. and your skin will be so much better moisturized. but seriously, that moisturizer is amazing! a little more expensive than other brands but worth it if you ask me. miracle worker!





if the Clinique brand is too expensive for your liking, you could try rimmel's ageing make up, or L'oreal's true match liquid make up, which my sister found great for her dry skin.





always choose a liquid foundation, not powder, cream or mousse as those three dry out your skin.





in addition to that, make sure you cleanse the make up off your skin with a moisturizing face wash and moisturize efficiently, like Simple's moisturizing face wash. their moisturizing face wash is good, but their moisturizer is not moisturizing enough at all!





and for foundations, look for ones that advertise a dewy look because they'll be aimed for comsumers with your needs.


for blushers, go for cream or gloss ones instead of powders or mousse. all of these types of make up should be sold by every decent brand of make up. hope that helps! (:My skin easily dries out and i'm running out of makeup brands to try. Any suggestions?
I recently started using RAW Natural Beauty products, the makeup is light and airy but holds it color and keeps my face moisturized throughout the day. You can find it at http://www.glow.com
Make sure before you apply make up that you put on moisturizer. Also perhaps try L'oreal Tru Match foundation, it blends in easily.
google Dinair Airbrush Makeup...its great for dry or sensitive skin because its all water based. It makes my skin look flawless i LOVE it! hope i helped...=)
use jergens mostruizer then apply make up.
  • myspace code
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    Fish