Thursday, December 10, 2009

Foundation Makeup suggestions for dry skin, that doesnt look chalky? 10 points?

hi i live in australia and im looking for a foundation that stays on and covers up freckles rather well but doesn't look chalky or veryy visible. I have tried a lot of makeup that cost $33 or less but there is no budget for me i just want a really good foundation for once!





and tell me where to buy it thanks.Foundation Makeup suggestions for dry skin, that doesnt look chalky? 10 points?
Okay, lets break it down shall we. If you invest in a good brand it won't give that chalky appearance- unless you're buying a shade too light against your skin tone.





If you want reasonably priced, I suggest a Revlon product. It's not just foundation you want though, you should invest in a good concealer as they cover up freckles and instead of a liquid foundation buy a mineral powder foundation so that it's not cakey and lets your skin breath. Always moisturize your skin before bed. If you want you can add a little moisturizer to your liquid foundation and this will make a nice even look on your skin. Cover not only your face but your neck and a little on your collar bones. It is great if you use bronzer to highlight the check bones- this will also help to keep those freckles hidden. Found at local pharmacies.





If you want something of high quality and are willing to pay the price try MAC- any foundation by Mac is sure to be great on skin- but concealer again is a must if you really want to hide freckles. Might try high end fashion malls, like in Sydney.


remember to blend!


good luck.Foundation Makeup suggestions for dry skin, that doesnt look chalky? 10 points?
Hello my fellow Australian=]





Like you I have quite dry skin as well (Its the climate here, we just can't conquer it!) so I too have tried many many foundations, I have a draw FULL of (many horrible) foundations.





BUT! Covergirl has a wonderful new foundation out called Aquasmooth that I'm in LOVE with and since trying it I never want another foundation ever again.





You can buy it at your general stores here like Target, Kmart, Big W, Priceline and even Safeway sell it and it's about $20-21





Also, to try battle your dry skin, I suggest Garnier Nutritionist SPF 15, it helps keep moisture in the skin and has the SPF you need in a climate like Australia.





Good luck!
i usually dont recommend liquid foundation but since you do have dry skin, i must.





For Dry Skin:


wash your face and make sure you use an really good moisturizer (


Beeswax Moisturizing Day Creme its by burtsbees)..





then to cover your freckles and to get the foundation to stay and look smooth use a shimmer moisturizer(Jergens Soft Shimmer Skin Radiance Moisturizer) and mix a little bit of your liquid foundation with it ( like an M%26amp;M size of each) and smooth onto your face..





Hope it helps
-nods- I agree with whoever said Maybelline Mineral Power. Where you can buy it, however, depends on your location ^^; and as I do not know, I cannot tell. Most majoy stores would stock it though- try chemists, big chain grocery stores (makeup/beauty/skincare isles) and whatever hair/makeup/beauty stores that are around you.





It works really well, but I would suggest putting on moisturiser about 5mins before using it, to keep your skin nice %26amp; soft. Other than that, have you tried tinted moisturisers? Gives you a bit of colour, and keeps your skin nice ^^
I also have freckles and use a green color corrector all over the areas I want covered it works really well. In color correctors green corrects reddish tones if your skin has more bluish undertones then use a yellow corrector. I purchase mine at the drug store it comes in a tube like lipstick cheap works just as well as expensive so I use the NYC brand, http://www.newyorkcolor.com/. I am not sure if it is available where you are but Maybelline or Cover Girl should have one. I do know that PurMinerals makes one http://www.purminerals.com/Skin-Care this should take you right to it. I have used it and it is really good. You did not say what your skin type is but with the color corrector you should not have to use heavy foundation to cover the freckles. Hope this has helped some.
It you need one that will cover freckles, you will need a foundation that has a heavier coverage. You didn't say which brands you have already tried, but have you tried using a primer underneath your foundation? One thing for sure is if your foundation looks chalky, it's the wrong shade for your skin tone.
Rimmel Lasting Finish 16 hour foundation. I have dry skin with a little bit of acne and it gives great coverage, I'm sure it would cover freckles too. I'm not sure if you can get it in Australia though.
I absolutely love Maybelline Mineral Powder Foundation. It covers well and lasts throughout the day. I don't know where you would buy it for sure in Australia, but they sell it in the U.S. at most of the department stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish