Wednesday, December 2, 2009

How do you find makeup (such as powders nd loose powders ) that goes with your skin tone?

i want to know do you get it a lighter color from what your skin tone is becuz im not really sureHow do you find makeup (such as powders nd loose powders ) that goes with your skin tone?
try to match your skin color to the makeup by testing the makeup on your jawline it should match your skin color or be similiar to it. Try bare minerals makeup, it comes in many different skin shadesHow do you find makeup (such as powders nd loose powders ) that goes with your skin tone?
your welcome :%26gt; Report Abuse

You shouldn't get a lighter color than you skin tone or you will look like a mess. Have you ever seen pictures of girls with a white face and a dark neck? So not cute. It's best to go with a color that is close to your skin or you can go one shade darker. To determine a color match go to a department store and have someone at the cosmetic counter help you. They are helpful.
I usually have to go just a teeny bit lighter than my facial skin tone because my neck is slightly lighter than my face. So if I match my face, I have a stripe that's almost impossible to blend where my makeup meets my neck. Avoid cheaper products; they tend to leave an orange-y hue or just look strange.





You may need to play around with a couple different shades to find yours. If you go to a department store, they will match your shade with a more expensive product. Then, when you need more, you can go to a drugstore with your foundation or powder and match it with the products there.





I use three different colors of foundation. One for the winter, one for the summer, and one for in-between when I'm a little darker, but not at my full tan. I used to mix two different colors to get my right color. Lastly, if you do use powder or foundation, apply it to your whole face, including your eyelids, the space between and under your eyes, and your temples. If your foundation or powder is a 95% match to your face, any missed spots will be noticed in sunlight or really bright office light.
I absolutely love Cliniques ';Superpowder double face makeup'; its the name of the powder. with this powder if you want less coverage just use face lotion and then put the powder on and it still looks good. Or I have tried Physicians formula mineral powder that works really good. Actually if you take really good care of your skin any powder very cheep or expensive will look great. I learned from trial and error on taking care of my face soo hope this helps some.. Always go with a shade a bit darker than your skin tone and when I say that if you are very pale and never go tanning than go for a nuetral base color if you are somewhat tan also go for a neutral because neutral pretty much blends in with you tone if you go tanning all the time and pretty tan than go for a light beige, NEVER go lighter, you will look weird in lighting,pictures and from other people angles. I learned the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish