Thursday, December 3, 2009

Anyone with sensitive skin here use mineral makeup?

I use Bare Escentuals - Go to a Bare Ess store at your local mall (check the Bare Essentuasl website for a store near you)...They sell a starter kit that has everything you need (including brushes).





It's the best thing I've ever worn. It doesn't irritate my skin and I am prone to rashes and break outs. Tell your sales person that you have sensitive skin - they'll know what to give you.Anyone with sensitive skin here use mineral makeup?
Yes, I made the transition a year ago and haven't looked back since.





Most mineral makeup companies use all natural ingredients that are non-irritating to your skin, including mica (the filler), titanium dioxide (for texture), iron oxide (for color), and zinc oxide (for tinting). Also, kaolin clay and rice powder is used for oil control and sheen. These are all natural and non-reacting to your skin.





Go to Mineral Makeup Matter's website to find more in depth descriptions of these ingredients. They also have a link to a list of toxic ingredients to avoid and tons of other helpful information on mineral makeup.





A brand called Everyday Minerals carries the most basic formulas, generally only consisting of the ingredients I listed above.





You may need to try a couple different brands before you find what you like, so don't discredit mineral makeup based on your first or second try. Once you find your brand, you'll be hooked. I promise.Anyone with sensitive skin here use mineral makeup?
I have very sensitive skin as well. Don't be fooled by 'green-washing' and fda approved products. I have been using bare escentuals for over 2 yrs and had no major reactions to it besides occasional redness, burning, and itching. I thought since I have sensitive skin; my skin was just getting used to it so I though nothing of it. Until a few months ago, I started breaking out in pimples which have progressed to cystic acne now. In my efforts to regain my clear, beautiful face, I started my search for ';makeup brushes.'; Thinking my sensitive skin was affected by the horse hair brushes of BE. I came across dozens and dozens of BE sufferers just like myself and finally admitted that it was the BE minerals makeup that had been the cause from the very beginning. I became vigilant in the past few weeks vowing never to fall for another 'big label-brand name' product that masks the cruelty of its products. Don't be fooled. Although everyone does have different reactions to different skin care products, you don't have to see it to believe it. Don't wait for a bad reaction to decide to stop using something. Some people may not have the bad reactions, but the effects are internal which is a lot scarier. Some carcinogenic (cancer causing) ingredients are also used in cosmetic makeup. Harmful ingred. include: talc, bismuth oxychloride 'bismuth', mica, aluminum oxide 'alumina', and titanium oxide. Despite other people's testimonials, everyone should do the research on their own and find out for themselves the horrors or these ingredients. I am still in search of the perfect ';natural-organic-safe-makeup'; out there. My next search leads me to vegan cosmetics. crushgroovecosmetics.com





It's better to be safe than sorry!
I have super sensitive skin and I use Physicians Formula loose mineral foundation and it's good for me.





As one redhead to another maybe you'll find this funny, I just checked the colour name on the one I have and I use ';translucent light'; haha It makes it sound like I'm paler than something transparent! haha
thats the only thing i do use on my skin i got a makeup called physicians minral makeup at a local wallgreens and its the only thing that works for me.








hope it helps..
If you have sensitive skin, the best thing to do it wear mineral make-up
yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish