Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Whats wrong with my skin? my makeup never goes on right anymore all of a sudden.?

i dont have alot going for me, but ive allways thought ive had ok skin and have been able to apply my make up well and look ok. I dont get alot of spots but i have really irritating pores on my nose which piss me off, but usually powder covered them. I can never tell if my skin is oily combination or normal combination OR sensitive. Recently my make up has suddenly started to muff up and look awful when i apply it, i was using rimmel foundation and max factor powder which was way too dark so i stopped using both and switched to loreal and no 17 foundation, the first day of using both i found my skin felt awful and cakey, and it went oily after a few hours and i was really annoyed because it was the perfect shade for my skin. My pores seem to absorb anything i put on now, ive switched to clinique oil free make up and moisturizer with the advice from the ppl at the counter, they did a skin test and all that. Clinique is a excellent brand but i still have the same problems. im confusedWhats wrong with my skin? my makeup never goes on right anymore all of a sudden.?
Apply a moisturizer under your make up. It will help your make up maintain and even texture and keep your skin soft. A lot of the make up out now has the ';long lasting'; effect which causes it to look cakey if you don't put something on under it. I use Nivea cream, but there are all kinds. Just put on a light, even amount on your face before the make up and it should make a difference.Whats wrong with my skin? my makeup never goes on right anymore all of a sudden.?
Try exfoliating, and using a 'combination skin' moisturiser. It seems like you've got different skin types on different parts of your face, e.g. oily forehead, dry cheeks etc. (this is common). Also, exfoliating ensures a smooth and clean surface to put your makeup on. Try a pore minimiser cream and before putting your make up on, make sure you moisturise (this ensures even coverage). Some brands may not go well with your skin, so keep trying different brands. Skin changes, so you need to change your makeup occassionally too. If your like good coverage foundation, maybelline wonder finish is great and comes in heaps of shades, Mabelline everfresh is the way to go for medium coverage, but if you like very light coverage (more like a light moisturiser), i like revlon's 'new complexion' make up. Hope this helped.. :)
These makeup companies are too worried about the new TV cosmetics that have come out and are trying to make their stuff the same and get the $$$$ out of it too.


I have noticed what you speak of myself, esp with mascaras...and have written to Maybelline on several occasions to send them back the CRAP that they are making. I did hear this from a Chemistry professor in Nursing school. Because teens share their eye make ups and the cometic companies are afraid of being sued for eye infections that sharing eye cosmetics CAN cause, they have gone and ALTERED their mascara mixtures to add antibacterial ingredients, hoping to keep law suits to a minimum. I'm SURE something like that HAS happened, as I have used Maybelline PINK/GREEN black and also royal blue mascaras for over 35yrs and the past 15 yrs they have BEEN CHANGED....now they flake or get gummy and never did before. I am all for letting cosmetic companies know when their products are JUNK, as I spend a LOT of $$$$ yearly on all kinds of cosmetics. I use RIMMEL, MAYBELLINE, L'oreal, CLINIQUE, and esp the L'OREAL STAY ON LIPSTICKS. If they don't stay on, or they get crumbly when on, or anything similar, they go back to the company and I ask for a reimbursement of my $$$ ( I always buy my make-up on a separate receipt just for this reason). They have ALWAYS sent me my $$$ back, and usually send me the newer brands as samples to try and keep me as a customer (I do NOT do this for this reason) and/or they send me coupons. If more women would send back and write to companies about the high prices or JUNKY MAKEUPs, we'd get what we asked for!
First don't put yourself down 'not alot going for me', second I don't know how old you are but skin changes as you age. Try a pore reducer; I had one given to me made by Avon, so they are available. Then waltz into Boots or Debenhams and ask their advice.. Good luck..





Never put yourself down - you'll start believing it!..
I do not know how old you are,but as I have aged my skin has changed drastically. I had to recently change all my makeup. I have started to get some brown spots and my makeup was not covering it up. I switched to Bare Escentuals. They have an item called Vitamin Rev-ver upper and it smooths your skin for makeup application. They also have Mineral Veil and I swear it smoothes your skin,diminishes pores.





Good Luck and never feel like you have nothing going for yourself, what matters is what is inside.
try switching cleansers to a more mild cleanser as if you use a too harsh cleanser it can dry out your skin and make it look flaky. If you have oily skin moisturise with a water-based moisturiser and if you have sensitive skin try using a moisturiser with an SPF.


Also important, try applying a water-based foundation with a sponge after you apply concearler, then powder your face to remove an oily look in the t-zone.
Maybe you should try a foundation primer... Also you should try exfoliate once a week so you can get all the bad stuff off your skin.. Clinique makes one..
When my foundation cakes I know I need to exfoliate. Try St Ives apricot scrub, its not expensive but works wonders!





Use the scrub once a week, pat dry and use a light moisturiser. I think that will sort you out!
use gorgeous moisturizer from LUSH
You are amazing, if you believe it, it will be true
You have the classic symptoms of 'dry spots' this used to happen to me mix a bit of your foundation with some good quality moisturizer, cliniques dramatically different one is good and itshould solve your problem. For your visible pores you could try pore strips I dont know what make they are but they sell them in superdrug and Boots. You don't need to use powder if you have dry skin and if you use bronzer switch to a creme based one instead hope this helps xxx
Buy the 3 products below and your skin will start to look fab.


Liz Earle Moisturiser.


Liz Earle Skin Exfoliater.


Philosophy supernatural foundation.


You can order them from QVC, all top products. Clinique is not that good a brand.
Hi, I know what you mean about pores on your nose, because I've always had the same problem. You need to use a facial wash twice a day. A good one is Nutrogena deep clean, and use a mild exfoliant twice a week. On your t-zone use Garnier pure A gel- I can't live without it. only use moisturiser on your cheeks. The best foundation I've tried is Boots No 7 radiant glow- the shades are very natural, and you don't always need to use powder. I would advise you to speak to a No7 consultant-all their products are fragrance free and don't irritate. Also I discovered this fabulous mask called Olay clarify clay mask which minimises the pores on your nose and chin, great before a night out. Good luck! :)
first.. u have a lot going for you!! be confident! secondly.. i have same problem.. but worse.. i have loads of spots and acne marks and big pores around my nose... the best thing to use is a product which does not dry your skin. ive used clinique.. and i thought it really dried my skin! so i switched to origins. they are much better. if u can buy checks and balances face cleanser.. its sucks up all the oil in oily places.. and leaves dry places moisturised! and then buy the green tea tonic..its a toner that will balance out the pH of the skin and close the pores. this product has no alcohol either so its best for the skin.. also try usin benefit fr makeup.. skin illuminator ones..that could help instead of loads of powder and foundation! im sure u look fine without make up too though!! hope this helps!! oh and make sure u moisturise after washing face too!
use a foundation primer by smash box, it lasts forever and your make up looks flawless. go to sephora they will tell what is best for your skin and also there is a place that tells you what products won their recent beauty awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish