Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I have such oily skin that its almost pointless for me to wear makeup.?

Its almost like my foundation and my eyeshadow just melt off!!! What can I do to solve this annoying problem?





I posted a question earlier today asking about what sort of foundation I should be using and a lot of people mentioned the Bare Minerals makeup, which I'm very tempted to try, but what about my eyeshadow and controlling my oily skin in general? I have used the oil absorbant pads, and they work for a little bit, but I have to use so many sheets to get rid of all of the oil and then my skin will just get oily again later. I'm using oil-free foundation now, and it doesn't seem to help. Is there anything I can do without seeing a dermatologist?I have such oily skin that its almost pointless for me to wear makeup.?
dont buy BM its a waste of money,i have really oily skin 2 %26amp; i used to use BM and by the end of the day it looked like i had no makeup on because it had completly melted off throughout the day so i would reccommend that u try estee lauder double matte thats the makeup i use now %26amp; it works amazingly it leaves my face looking matte %26amp; fresh all dayI have such oily skin that its almost pointless for me to wear makeup.?
When I was younger, I was in your same boat - I would wear make-up to hide the pimples that ensued due to too much makeup wearing and oily skin. It can be a vicious cycle. I have been now complimented on my skin for many years after I discovered this: Don't use any make-up or moisturizers at all. It will just cause break-outs. Wash your skin with any gentle soap - Neutrogena is good -at least twice a day. Use only powder on your skin - make-up and blush - no oils or creams! Do not use any other products on your face, because your pores will absorb them %26amp; cause acne. Your eyeshadow also must only be powder and will have to be refreshed during the day. The good news: because I had oily skin when I was younger, now that I am not a young woman, everyone always thinks I am at least 10 years younger than I really am. You will have less wrinkles than others as you age - so it will be a Blessing as you get older.
Are you also looking into your moisturizer, cleanser, and toner. The problem counld be the other products you're using and not your makeup. I've recommended (Mary Kay's Oil-free hydrating gel moisturizer $30) to a friend and cousing who now are hooked on. Also try using a primer under your foundation and under you eyeshadow. For foundation primer I like both (Clinique instant pore perfector .5 oz $16) or (Dr. Brandt Pores no More 1oz for $45). They do a great job at maintaining foundation in place. And for shadow primer I like (Mary Kay's eye primer .3 oz for $12). It's waterproof and it has the consistency of a lotion, which makes it easy for me to also convert my eyeshadows into waterproof liners. I hope I gave you some help!
You can use the BareMinerals on your eyelids, and underneath your eyes, and it will help with the oily skin. SheerCover makes similar products, if you prefer. There are also some oil-free base products you can use underneath make up - MakeUp Forever makes one; you can get it at Sephora - www.sephora.com





Good luck!
Go to marykay.com and find a consultant with your zip code. She will come to you with all the appropriate products for oily skin. They have a primer for you to use with any eyeshadow and the foundation controls oil at the same time. I suspect that you need to be using a cleanser and moisturizer for oily skin and theirs is the best.





You get to try this stuff before you buy it and they take anything back at anytime.





Good luck!
If you want the best product search bee luscious cosmetics is the company their liquid powder foundation is amazing trust me the ebst to hit the market.
Try the Biore line that's for oily skin. My sister used it and it worked wonderfully for her. After using their facewash u should use their toner instead of an astringent becuz it dries ur face out way too much and then ur skin works overtime to moisturize resulting in extra oily skin. I'm not sure if they have a moisturizer but they should so if they do use it!!!





When ur putting make-up on then bare minerals is a good way to go. But u could also try clinique and mac. Go to a make-up counter that carries it and they would kno exactly which product to give you.





Good Luck!!
Go with Bare minerals they also make eye shadow ... look at Sephora they have it in a bunch of colors!
The obvious is to use oil-free make-up. But what a lot of people don't do is ';set'; the makeup! Always use a little bit of TRANSLUCENT LOOSE POWDER. You apply it with a large powder brush and sweep it across your face! =) Carry it with you in your purse so anytime you feel like your face might be a little shiny, just dabb your brush in the powder and vwaah-lah! People always ask me why my skin is so nice. But underneath it really sucks. I just know a few little secrets. Top it with some ';Physician's Formula'; bronzer, and it even adds depth and a healthy glow!
I have very oily skin too. Bare Escentuals has a slight shine to it, so I stopped using it. I am currently using Philosophy's Supernatural Airbrush foundation, which is a powder and its working wonders for me. I use a gel made by Smashbox which absorbs oil and keeps my makeup lasting all day. I also using oil blotting sheets throughout the day. I would recommend Urban Decay's Primer Potion for your eyes. This is seriously the BEST EVER eye shadow primer. I have very oily lids and I use tons of eyeshadow for a smokey eye and this stuff keeps my eyeshadow from creasing for over 12 hours. Its the best primer ever. That should really help you out.
You should check the source for the tips on handing oily skin!
There are some products, such as H2o+oil, that soak up the oil before it comes to the surface, leaving skin smooth. I reccommend it. I use it during sports practices and such. Another thing you can do is use Clean and Clear oil sheets before applying makeup. They soak oil up. Otherwise, get a sweatproof sports makeup. Hope this was helpful!
sweetie it's ok 'cause there is a product called oil free moisturizer and it will take that oil away from your face in about 3 days and don't worry you can still wear make-up after!


-jade_eyes07
As far as eyeshadow goes, I have pretty oily skin too, and if you put concealer all over your eyelid and rub it in before you put eyeshadow on it will help it stay in place!
At night why don't you try oatmeal (fresh.) I grind up oatmeal and put it in a washcloth and run warm water over it and apply it to the face just the juice that comes out of the rag while scrubbing your face with the washcloth. leave it on for about a half hour and wash off. Your face will be oil free and feel smooth. This also helps with blackheads. If you need any more advice on products to use you can e mail me if you like.I noticed that the oatmeal soap don't work as good. So use fresh oatmeal that you eat.
I have that problem so bad I got botox injections in my face to help. I also use Aveda oil balancing infusion, Clinique Superbalanced compact and Make up Forver (sephora.com) powder. If you use professional products, you will see a difference.
  • myspace code
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    Fish