Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Makeup Makes Skin OILY after 3 Hours...Need New Makeup Routine?

In the mornings before work I put on Rimmel London Liquid Foundation and then some powder on top....





I always need to use Liquid because it covers up my imperfections, powder doesnt seem to do. Also I go tanning, but I do not tan my face so I also need the liquid to cover up paleness I have in that area so my skin matches...





Anyway Ive noticed about 1 1/2- 2 hours into my day my face is soooo oily and nasty looking its embarrasing! Anyone know a new makeup routine I can try that wont leave me oily but give me flawless coverage? (must be available at regular storres like target or wal mart thanks!Makeup Makes Skin OILY after 3 Hours...Need New Makeup Routine?
1) you shouldn't be tanning because that is really harmful to your skin and will cause you to have drier and prematurely wrinkled skin. Nothing wrong with having the look of tanned skin, but use lotions and wahtnot, not UV rays.





2) stop using liquid. If you have oily skin, liquids will just make the skin even worse. Powder foundations work fine for covering marks if you use a pwoder FOUNDATION. as in a mineral powder that acts as any other foundation. You can also use some powder concealer over it for added coverage, or use the powder damp (wet the buffer or kabuki brush with a few sprays of water and swirl into minerals and tap out extra powder)





I use Everyday Minerals, or you can try Physician's Formula (although EDM is better than the other one, I've used both) and I find that my EDM gives some coverage but not to the point where I look covered. It just tones things down and evens my skin out. Although mine is a bit too light (sample kit, got wrong colours) and I don't have any concealer yet, but it still makes my red marks less visible. I think that covering everything 100% just looks too fake. People aren't perfect, so all I can say is just learn to live with it. Covering everything up draws more attention, at least I always stare at girls wearing too much foundation in hopes of covering their acne.





Also, try a primer made for oily skin. And use an oil free foundation. I'm going to guess that Rimmel's is not oil free. And also applying too much makeup will make things worse. The less you can use the better it will last on your face.Makeup Makes Skin OILY after 3 Hours...Need New Makeup Routine?
Use a wet make up sponge to apply the liquid foundation. You will soak the sponge, squeeze all water out and then add a drop of the foundation. Squeeze the sponge again so the foundation is spread evenly over the sponge, then dab your face. Then apply the powder (I hope you are using loose powder that you apply with a brush, my experience is that compact powder is only useful for touching up during the day if needed).






i would look for a liquid foundation that has a matte finish,this will help with oils on your face. also, dont use a drker foundation to help match with your tan. use a bronzer this way you are putting on some type of powder to help with the oils, and giving your face the tanned look. i would also get a translucent powder (pressed) and just lightly blot throughout the day
liquid foundation is fine. there is no way to get rid of it but buying products to tone down the producing of oil in your skin. i usually wash my face with a gree tea oil control cleanser and use a toner that soaks up oil and mattifies my skin. after that dries i put on a oil free moisturizer and foundation primer. my skin is oil free all day. i also have oil control moisturizer. just look for products that control oil and you can use any foundation.
buy these http://compulsivec.wordpress.com/2007/04鈥?/a> and reapply powder throughout the day also
it's probably either because you sweat a lot, or the cover-up isn't good for you. try one from almay, i think it says it lasts 16 hours.
use a makeup primer before your foundation so the color stays true and lasts all day and keep powder with you to touch up if needed
eehh


i use bare minerals


nuff said
it sounds like you have generally oily skin (as do i) and i've found that liquid foundation makes me break out. i like using mineral make up. i've tried bare escentuals, which was alright but now i use urban decay surreal mineral make up. you can get mineral make up from most drugstore brands like revlon and l'oreal.





even so, my skin would become oily, so i started using Dr. Brandt Skincare Pores No More (you can get it at sephora) as a sort of primer... it helped with control oil (and supposedly minemizes pores... it's not a huge concern for me, so i never noticed). i'm not sure if this is necessary for you, but it helped me a lot! i'm not sure what alternatives you could use, but opt for an oil-free foundation primer, if ever.





also, do you moisturize? make sure you do! if you don't, your skin will produce more oil. whatever moisturizer you use, make sure it's oil free.





hope that helps!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish